Friday, October 5, 2012

Omelette Wrap!

Hi guys, I bring good news!
Today's recipe is for Omelette Wraps! After another crazy week at uni, I decided to go back to the kitchen to relax this weekend. This idea came from my trip to Adelaide, where I had this crepe-like egg wrap filled with delicious goodies and a tasty sauce. It was like a cross between a sushi roll and a burrito! It ticked all the boxes: sweet, spicy, savoury, crunchy, crispy, fresh and smelled great too! It was from a stall called 'bing boy', definately worth a visit if you're ever in Adelaide.

Amazingly enough, when I came home and looked through some books I found a recipe that was similar to the wraps I ate. That's when it dawned on me, I HAD to make it!
The book I used was Rachel Allen's Easy Meals, a gift from my superamazinglyawesome cousin.
It's a simple recipe and can be filled with whatever you like! I used some left overs I had in my fridge, so go wild and make whatever combination you like!
Expect more from her :)
Here's the recipe:
Omelette wrap (Makes 2 wraps)
4 eggs
2 tbsp milk
Pinch of salt and pepper

Fillings (This is what I used)
Corn, shaved off the cob
1 carrot, cut into strips
Roast BBQ Pork, diced
Spring onion, sliced
Sesame oil
Chilli sauce (I used sriracha)

1. Prepare your fillings, slice whatever you need to and if you're using cooked meats, reheat them.
2. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a measuring cup/bowl.
Preparation is key
3. Heat up the pan on a high heat, with a bit of oil and butter until you seem some bubbles form.
4. Pour in half of the egg mixture into your pan and quickly swirl to get a full circle. Once you get a full circle, stop swirling and let it cook until the bottom is golden brown.
Get the circle and stop swirling!
5. Carefully flip the omelette with a spatula and cook the other side until golden brown.
6. Once cooked, drain on some paper towels and repeat until you use all of the egg mix.
Don't want oily wraps
7. Assemble! Take your wrap on a plate and line your ingredients in the middle of the omelette. Top with your favourite sauces.
Nice and fresh!
Laced with sesame oil and chilli sauce











8. Fold left and right sides into the middle.
9. Pick it up and enjoy!
Yum!
Overall, a pretty easy recipe. Good for brunches or lunches, hot or cold, just wrap them in non-stick paper and you're all set :)
So, that's a wrap guys! I hope you try this recipe out and post your delicious combinations! :D
Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did, don't forget to follow along if you did!

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment